Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM module in the 16F876A

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAN-1

hi everyone.

i have been trying to to use the pwm module in the 16f876A but it is refusing to work for some reason! i am quite sure that my code is right. i am using assembly in my programming. can anyone show me a sample code that has been successfully used before to operate the pwm in this PIC? i believe i have something wrong in the initialization of the registers, although i have done this before on the 16f628 and it worked. thanks.

YAN-1 said:
hi everyone.

i have been trying to to use the pwm module in the 16f876A but it is refusing to work for some reason! i am quite sure that my code is right. i am using assembly in my programming. can anyone show me a sample code that has been successfully used before to operate the pwm in this PIC? i believe i have something wrong in the initialization of the registers, although i have done this before on the 16f628 and it worked. thanks.

Check my PIC tutorials, one gives an example of doing two channel PWM on the 16F876/7 - as far as I'm aware the 876A isn't any different, but you should check the migration document at MicroChip.

Hi and Hi Nigel, my "teacher" :),

Yes, it should work, YAN. As I tried exactly what you're talking about in this post. I was using 16F876 but did try out the PWM code in the 16F876A (as I accidentally bought the 16F876A).

Anyway, PM me if you want to have my PWM code to try out but I learned that from Nigel's tutorial, guess shouldnt be a problem for you to get it right.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back