Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM in PIC16F84?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_saeed_soliman

Hi all
Is there PWM facility in PIC 16F84?
If not , how can i do it manually using Basic language
Thank you for your replies in advance

Then you should probably tell us a little more about your requirements;

(1) PWM period?
(2) Duty Cycle resolution?
(3) Clock frequency?
(4) Schematic?
(5) Language (assembler, BASIC, C)?

Mike

he said Basic, you could just turn a pin on and off with a delay in between. So:
on
delay x
off
delay y
repeat

that would be your simplest PWM, adjust x and y to suit your required duty cycle and frequency (noting your frequency will obviously be affected by your crystal)

Problem with doing it in BASIC (unless the BASIC has a PWM command) it may not leave much time for anything else. What PWM period (frequency) are you hoping for? How many channels (motors)?

Pic basic pro has 2 commands that might work, they support pulsout, which i have used to drive servos, and they also have PWM command, i havent used this one. but it is one of the instruction sets in basic

thank you all
but there is one problem
i will drive a motor wuth PWM but iwant to do other things while doing PWM , so this is a big probelm
thanks after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back