Pwm Ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulcet

Iam looking for a PWM ic which generates fixed frequency of about 20KHz with 0 - 100% duty cycle. I need the duty cycle to vary using a pot or some thing say from 0 to 5V.

In another thread you are working with a PIC in c ? Why do you need a dedicated PWM chip ? The pic can easily provide that function.

He he. this is different mate. tell me if I can get two two PWm outputs with two induvidullay controllable duty cycles from one 18F458. can ya do that. thast y i asked this here.
but ur fast to respond danx for that.

He he. this is different mate. tell me if I can get two two PWm outputs with two induvidullay controllable duty cycles from one 18F458. can ya do that. thast y i asked this here.
but ur fast to respond danx for that.
You can get as many PWM outputs as you have IO pins. One software loop that counts from 0 to 100, 20K times per second. Turns on all output with duty cycle greater then 1 at zero, and switches each off when the loop counter is equal to the duty cycle.

Also I am sure there are PICs that can do it in hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…