Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pwm ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1.5

Hello to everyone
I need a pwm generator for a future project. This pwm generator should contain a triangular signal and the dc voltage and pwm dutycycle should be replaced. For this reason, there should be a rc oscillator that provides a triangular wave in the circuit. it should be at a constant 20khz frequency. in fact, I have compared the triangle voltage to external dc voltage many times. but at 20khz the triangular signal was not stable. it also took up a lot of space. I don't want to use my previous methods because I want to sell this circuit. to earn school money. For this reason, I don't want an integrated 555 circuit.
Actually, I had exactly what I wanted with TL494 last night. I provided stable output as I wanted, but I had to disable many features of the integrated and the reversing output was not working for me. it also has 16 pines, so it will take up a lot of space in the circuit for such a job.
if we simplify; I will apply a constant dc voltage to an integrated RC oscillator within and in this integrated output, it should generate a pwm signal based on the input's dc voltage.
Do you know instead of a cheap and stable ic with the above features?

There is a Linear Technology "timerblox", the LTC6992, that it is a direct voltage to PWM IC in a 6 pin SOT23 package.
Frequency is set with a single resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back