Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM feature doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviram87

i was working on producing a carrier wave using the PWM feature of the PIC16f877a...

however i have few doubts on this.... i have used the PWM calculator provided by https://www.micro-examples.com for calculating the values to be loaded on to various registers....

i obtained the values and verified that they are correct using the formulas given in the datasheet... however i noticed the follwing written...

ENSURE THAT THE PWM PIN IS CONFIGURED AS DIGITAL OUTPUT...

what is the meaning of this statement? i will be taking the PWM output from pin number 17(CCP1)... do i have to include any specific statement in my code to do the above??

many thanks...

i will be using this carrier generated at CCP1 pin to modulate few data pulses i will be producing at pin number 21 (RD2) of the 16f877a....

in that case should i configure that pin (#21) as digital output also?

when i am using CCP1 pin... what should be done with the CCP2 pin (#16)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back