Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM Electronic Control - Pulse width modulator for 30A 12/24Vdc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use a standard 555 timer based PWM generator, and a couple of power transistors (or Mostfets) to boost the power handling capability.

ron, as I read it he means a PWM generator that can do 30 amps, input/output voltage are the same, between 12 and 24 volts DC. At 30 amps that's why I suggested looking into Mosfets, (no diode drop just a very low ESR) but there are many depending factors on what neutrino actually wants to do that will effect what the best choice is.

Last edited:
I often get burned. At about post #30 we find out it is 220AC to 12 to 24DC at 30A. I want to know long before post 30.

Ron. We're on post 2 or 3 at best. Lets keep the original poster in mind here please. EVERY original post must be treated as the first one. You're already derailing understanding by foretelling of a perceived intent of which none has been given.

We're here to do one thing and one thing only, to help to increase understanding, not to judge.

Last edited:
For input DC-voltage 12V or 24V.
Max current through the DC- engine 30A!
PWM Electronic Control - Pulse width modulator

Last edited:
For input DC-voltage 12V or 24V.
Max current through the DC- engine 30A!
PWM Electronic Control - Pulse width modulator

What kind of engine? What kind of control?

Will the control be provided manually (e.g. using a rotary or slider control, or switches) or by a microcontroller/PC ?
Is the engine/motor one having field coils (i.e. is it an inductive load) ?

Last edited:
DC-engine for 12V or 24V

And what kind of control? Speed control to both directions? Is the 30A current just an estimate (stall current)?

In general, you need an H-bridge that can handle the 24V and 30A. Do you wan't buy one or build it yourself?
Then you need the PWM signal. You can do this with analog circuit:
1) DC reference, triangle wave and a comparator.
2) 555 timer

You can also use a microcontroller to create the PWM signal.

What is the application? Is it a simple human operated machine or a more complex and automatic? Do you need accurate speed control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back