Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM driving an LM339

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiot7.0

Hi,

I'm driving a mosfet H-bridge with an lm339 in a schematic somehow similar to this one http://letsmakerobots.com/node/18633 .

For current limiting, I thought about switching off the power (Vcc) on the lm339 whenever over current happens. Is it a good idea, or does the lm339 need some time when powered up to stabilize?

I don't want to bother the μC with over current limitating.

Thank you.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to disconnect the 3k3 resistor or to short out both right-most 1k2 resistors, which would result in all FETs turning off.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to disconnect the 3k3 resistor or to short out both right-most 1k2 resistors, which would result in all FETs turning off.
Do you mean something like this ?
View attachment 68387

I think some resistor values had to be added for a such setup. But I don't know what you mean with shorting the 1.2k resistors. I guess this would set the reference voltage to 2.5V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back