Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM circuit to control DC motor 12V

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonstreat

hello, I wonder if there is any way to regulate the speed of my motor.

There is some circuit that makes adjusting the speed of DC motors?

Hi,

How much current does your motor require?

What sort of motor is it?

A brushed motor?

There are many different ways of doing this, one is to use a PLL to lock the frequency of pulses from a tachometer to an oscillator.

Do you mean regulate as in constant speed, i.e. adding a small load to the motor doesn't reduce its speed?

That requires a closed loop system.

If it's just a variable speed control, it's pretty simple.

Here's the simplest speed control I know of.

Replace the lamp with the motor with a diode connected in reverse parallel.

**broken link removed**

It's a generic P-channel MOSFET, it's not critical as long as it has a high enough voltage and current rating to power the motor.

It can be changed to N-channel but the response of the pot. will be reversed.

**broken link removed**

yes I want a system of speed control! please post for me

So i guess all you want to do is be able to vary the motor speed, without concern if the motor slows down a little by itself when a load is applied, or you are using a more or less constant load anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back