Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM circuit for a dc motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnsy007

Hi all,
I need abit of help on a simple circuit really but I am struggling. How do 2steering diodes work connected in series with a 47k fixed resistor and 47 k variable resistor connected to the trigger input of the 555 timer. The variable bit of the 47 k goes to pin 3 with the discharge pin controlling a switching transistor and how can I calculate the timing period. This circuit is unlike the ones one the rs datasheets where you can see if it is a monostable or astable. C1 is from trigger to ground 100nF. The 1k from the variable resistor I assume is for protection when the resistor is at zero ohm.
Thanks

Please post a schematic rather than relying on a vague description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back