Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM and Filter LC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricperes

Hello,

I am creating a PWM signal by comparing a sine wave (50Hz) and a triangular wave arrier (10kHz) ,in ordem to control a full bridge inverter.

II had been try filter this pwm signal to obtain a sinusoide, with a LC filter. I use this equation to find a cut-frequency of the filter (and the values of L and C) Fc=1/(2*PI*SQRT(LC)) but i didn't have a good result, can someone help me please?

With 1- 2 decades of separation between 100 and 10kHz you can expect 40 dB/ decade rolloff with a simple 2nd LPF above a breakpoint. But if you choose say 500 Hz for minimal phase shift of the fundamental you get less attenuation but with higher order filters can also improve this with a notch at 10kHz.

With 1- 2 decades of separation between 100 and 10kHz you can expect 40 dB/ decade rolloff with a simple 2nd LPF above a breakpoint. But if you choose say 500 Hz for minimal phase shift of the fundamental you get less attenuation but with higher order filters can also improve this with a notch at 10kHz.

I made a test right now, with :

Freq triangular : 10khz
Freq sin : 50 hz

and replace Fc by 1kHz on Fc=1/(2*PI*SQRT(LC)) and i got a good result ... what ou think about this value (1khz to cut-frequency) ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back