Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM 180V DC Motor Speed Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clyd3

Hello, I'm hoping to control the speed of a 180V DC, 0.44kW motor using PWM optoisolated from a PC parallel port. Essentially I would like to convert that pwm signal to a varying voltage.
Am currently looking at smaller circuits to get an idea of how this works.
I'm gonna keep reading up - hopefully work it out - new to this but it looks fun.

Last edited:
Ok, so now I know what triacs are. I've also read that they need to be used carefully, can cause problems with microcontrollers and alike, messing with power source.
I've looked at what triacs I have available to me, such as the BT137. But I do not have any similar designs for a voltage regulator using a pwm signal.

Edit: Time for bed, I'll carry on in the morning!

Last edited:
Yes ok, big heatsinks are nice. Let me go find out what that is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back