Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Push to test

Status
Not open for further replies.

dussgirl

How does a push to test button work? Does anyone have a schematic? I need to test for continuity across another switch via the test button.

I have two buttons a push to test and a activation button. I need to press the test button to ensure that the activation button works. How do you accomplish this?

I have two buttons a push to test and a activation button. I need to press the test button to ensure that the activation button works. How do you accomplish this?

I push the button.:D

If you want a serious answer then you need to explain your question much better.

Mike.

Do you mean a test button that tests the light in the activation switch? Or what exactly do you want to test?

What is the equipment model number ? What does the user manual for that equipment say about those buttons?

The only way to test if a button works is to push the button. :rolleyes:

that works fine as long as you aren't in a nuclear missile silo.....

actually if you want a way to test a button, you need to switch the button out of the circuit it's in, and into a test circuit, then switch it back into the circuit the button activates....

many modern devices have a test mode where you can test the various buttons and controls, then switch the unit back to operating mode. the ability to put something into such a test mode and back to operating mode is usually implemented by a processor.

Last edited:
many modern devices have a test mode where you can test the various buttons and controls, then switch the unit back to operating mode. the ability to put something into such a test mode and back to operating mode is usually implemented by a processor.

Hence my recommendation is to look it up in the users manual.

My last "push to tests" buttons energized every audio and visual alarm in the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back