Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

push pull transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jin29_neci

regarding this guys can you help me..

because im confuse how push pull transistor work in a given circuit.

can someone explain this push pull transistor!
I know this kind of transistor good for many applications especially in audio circuits.

thanks guys!!!!

post pls.
GOD BLESS
:roll:

This is an half H bridge.

You need 2 transistors to do this.The point of this is to make the output source and sink.

Do not ever thurn the bouth transistors on becose this will short out the power suply and sefl destruct. :twisted:

Push-pull describes an arrangement of components that includes transistors - it really doesn't describe a particular transistor.

My basic understanding of push-pull:

If you have an AC waveform then it's understood that the voltage rises above and then falls below zero, a point of reference, possibly ground or earth. In push-pull one transistor takes care of one side of the waveform - the other transistor takes care of the other side of the waveform. I understand that the benefit to this is that when the incoming signal is zero both transistors are off - dissapating little power.

Push pull transistor?

Is it ant different from the push pull amplifier?

The amplifier uses two transistor both set to work in class A, Class B or Class AB. This causes it to give a large output swing voltage....

push pull

whats been mentioned above is basiclly it. A push pull arangment is where 2 transistors look after the two half cycles of a waveform. This eliminates queiesent current and thus power dissipated. A typical arangment you would see on a circuit diagram is a transformer with its secondary coil center-tapped, the center tap decked to earth. This makes the waveforms at each end of the secondary 180degrees out of phase. The two transistors will be in common collector, this arrangment (if my memory serves me correct) is 75% efficient. A push pull amplifier is a amplifier using componants in this fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back