Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Push-Pull driver resister tolerance???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Varmint

Hi, I'm doing a 200 watt rf amp and I am using LM317's to bias the finals but the drivers will be biased with resistors. Everything is matched pairs. What sort of tolerance can I get away with on biasing the drivers? I'm thinking probably 1%. Not sure.

The LM317 has a tolerance of 4%.

How much current do you need?

If it's just a reference then the TL431 can be used and can be bought in a 0.5% tolerance version.

Hey, appreciate the come back. Actually I'm not worried about the LM317. I'm using voltage divider bias on the driver stage which is Push-Pull with a matched pair. I was just wondering if anyone off hand has done this and what sort of tolerance they used for the resistors. I think they have a 10th percent which I hope I don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back