Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Push Button On/Off, Low Quiescent Power, High-Side MOSFET Power Switch 2015-10-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

crutschow

Most Helpful Member
crutschow submitted a new article:

Push Button On / Off, Two-Transistor, Low Quiescent Power, High-Side Power Switch - Simple two-transistor high-side switch requires only two MOSFETs and 4 passive parts plus the PB

Here is a simple, high side power switch that requires only 1 N-MOSFET, 1 P-MOSFET, 3-resistors, 1 capacitor and a momentary PB for control.
It is insensitive to the length of time the PB is pressed and also to any switch bounce.
The OFF power draw is only the circuit leakage current.

For supply voltages below 10V the MOSFETs must be logic-level types that fully turn ON (not their Vgs threshold) at the supply voltage (the Vgs value where the Ron is measured in the data sheet).

I...

Read more about this article...

Hello Crutschow,

First a big thank you for all your articles, I find them very interesting.
I'd like to make the switch for 24v@2A load.
Could you please tell me what modification is required (a mosfet with higher Vds, some kind of protection to limit Vgs etc) a schematic would be great, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back