Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

push button delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i will connect the cap parallel to the batt?

meaning? i will need 3 sec to charge up the cap?

sorry if i confused u. haha

so i will connect the cap parallel to the batt?

meaning? i will need 3 sec to charge up the cap?

sorry if i confused u. haha

Lets summarise:
When the switch closes momentarily you want the 4017 and leds to run thru the sequence and then stop, display for 3 secs and go blank.?

Look at this image:

Attachments

• roulette.pdf
    11.2 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
humm. im doing somethig like this. so when the ball is at no.2 it will +1 to a counter circuit and led running around it for 3sec or less

sorry and thanks :D

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    3.1 KB · Views: 154
You need a freerunning (astable) 555 to CLOCK the CD4017 (LED rotation), and a monostable 555 to start & stop the LEDs via the RESET pin.

Have you tried a delay IC such as 4047 or 74C123? It may be possible to interface either IC to the 4017 or 555 to activate the LEDs for the time you specify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back