Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

push button delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezricky88

hello all!

i was wondering, is it possible to make a delay with a push button?

this is what i actually wanted:

when i press the push button, a running led will run for 3 sec.

this is what i have:

i will need to press the push button(forever!!) for the led to run. once i let go. the circuit will switch off.

help anyone?
thank you :D

hello all!

i was wondering, is it possible to make a delay with a push button?

this is what i actually wanted:

when i press the push button, a running led will run for 3 sec.

this is what i have:

i will need to press the push button(forever!!) for the led to run. once i let go. the circuit will switch off.

help anyone?
thank you :D

hi,:)
Have you tried charging a capacitor using the push button and then allow the capacitor to discharge thru a resistor and led.?
Its a very crude circuit, but do you need accuracy.?

actually. i dont really know how to make a delay. the running led circuit is using the push button as a switch. so ya. when release got an open circuit. :( how how??

actually. i dont really know how to make a delay. the running led circuit is using the push button as a switch. so ya. when release got an open circuit. :( how how??

How accurate does the 3 secs have to be.?

accruacy is not really important. but if use cap must charge it rite? means must hold the push button for a few sec rite?

im actually doing a game. here how it suppose to work.

a ball will be thrown into a "funnel" if "hit" the led will running led will light up. something like that. :D

thanks

tried looking at it. but dont really understand. the o/p of the delay circuit goes to the running led circuit? will the led circuit need an additional battery source?

accruacy is not really important. but if use cap must charge it rite? means must hold the push button for a few sec rite?

im actually doing a game. here how it suppose to work.

a ball will be thrown into a "funnel" if "hit" the led will running led will light up. something like that. :D

thanks

Lokk at this image

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 565
MC is too advance and too expensive!! :D

hi,
Your dwg shows pins 2/6 of the 555 to 0V , it should be a cap.

Are wanting to hold ON any/all of the leds for 3 secs.?

Have you tried increasing that cap to say 470uF or 1000uF.[ the one shown from +12V to 0v]?

Last edited:
the led runs in circular motion. i want the circuit to run for 3 sec. is it possible? thanks!!!!!

Try a 470uF or 1000uF from +12V to 0V, keep the 555 and 4017 powered for 3 secs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back