Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pure Sine Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what he means is that AC motor run/ power factor correction capacitors are a type of higher voltage non polar electrolytic capacitor.
Where the 470 uf value comes from I dont know.

No Space Varmint because I didn't understand where you came to that conclusion either. Typical electrolytic's won't tolerate a lot of ripple current for extended periods of time they'll self destruct. TCM Motor run caps are typically metalized polypro capacitors. All electrolytic caps are polarized.

Last edited:
TCM Motor run caps are typically metalized polypro capacitors. All electrolytic caps are polarized.

By gosh you may be right! I have taken apart about every type of capacitor that I can think of and AC capacitors and electrolytics seem to stick in my mind as having the same design and smelly paper, goo or oil in them. So memory said they may be the same or at least similar.

I jes use dem parts, not tinks bout em! I eez simple dat way. ;):D:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back