Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulsing led

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitman

Hi!

I would like to build a circuit what is pulsing one or more led.
How it is possible? What should i use? ICs, condenzators or transistors?
So i need some helpful message to do it...

Nothing extras just a little circuit

Thanks in advance!!!

This'll work.

Attachments

• 555led.gif
    555led.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 685
Thx, but i want to pulse it, so decrease and increase its brightness.
Like the pulsing neon under the cars in NFS: Underground...

ThX in advance!

There used to be an IC that did this nicely and provided a little more visibility by means of a short duration but higher than normal supply voltage. I googled on LM3909 and found some info on it. One site described a discrete component replacement.

so you want the LEDs to fade on and off?

It would take some experimentation to get the right values and what not, but try putting a resistor and capacitor from pin 3 to ground in that order. The idea being that the when pin 3 goes high, the capacitor sucks current, not letting all of it go through the LED. When pin 3 goes low, the capacitor drains through the LED.

I'd start out with a resistance of 1k and 100uf, but that is a total guess, if anyone wants to do the math be my guest, im too lazy :lol:

Hi all!

I can found a lot, with the keywords "fading led circuit" in google.. :D

I think I'll do it soon:
**broken link removed**

ThX again for every help! This forum is very useful!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back