Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulsing LED Third Brake Light (12F675)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How its works ?

Its pretty simple. As soon as you hit the brakes Third Brake light will flash at 20Hz.
And after 3 seconds Third Brake light will be Steady on.

Why Pulsing Third Brake Light ?

Because This will help get the attention of the drivers following behind you.
Even when your in bumper to bumper traffic.

Caution:

DO NOT CONNECT THIS CIRCUIT TO YOUR MAIN BRAKE LIGHTS. Any type of flashing light on the main brake lights is prohibited and illegal. Use this circuit at your own risk and be aware that the possibility exists to be stopped by law enforcement if you implement this circuit in your vehicle.

Pulse Train Graph for better understanding

**broken link removed**

Schematics in jpeg format

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed**

**broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed**

See attachments for Schematics and HEX File for PIC12F675

Attachments

• Pulsing LED Third Brake Light.zip
    371.7 KB · Views: 805
Hello, your project is very nice.
I would like to ask you to how modify time fom 3 s to 1.5 s and frec. from 20 hz to 10 Hz, it's possible ?

Thnx,
Alex.

You forgot to say that the LEDs are 2V red ones. It is illegal and they won't work anyway if they are 3.5V white or blue ones.

I found on internet:

" Once you have applied your brakes for the first time causing your third brake light to flash and then turn solid, touching your brakes again within 8 seconds will cause your third brake light to turn on normally without flashing. In other words, you must have your foot off the brakes for more than 8 seconds before the Blinking Stop will reset and cause your third brake light to flash again. "

It's hard to modify my pic to do this?
My experience with controller it's 0 ====> But i have ChipMax 2 Programator :D

I think a flashing 3rd brake-light will confuse the old woman driving behind you so she will think she is dreaming and take her foot off her brakes. CRASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back