Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse Width Modulation to +/- Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianbek

Need some help interfacing a JRKerr controller that has a PWM output and a direction bit, to an amp that needs a +10/-10 referance voltage. I imagine you would need a couple AND gates, inverters and prob a push-pull circuit of some sort. I'm not concerned with the inbetween values, I just want it to go from 0 to +10/-10 depending on the direction bit. I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas. :?

are you saying this chip outputs a PWM that goes between 0 and +5V and you want it to be +/-10V

if that is the case look into an Opamp arranged as a differential amplifier.

You then will need a reference voltage of: +10V going tothe NEG input

With a gain of x4 you wll now have +/-10V PWM from a 0-5V PWM

Thats almost exactly what I was looking for, although I think I was a little unclear, I'm not using the direction bit in the final part of the circuit, but rather if the bit coming from the controller was for example high, i would get a +10 PWM out, and the bit low, a -10 PWM out.

are you asking:

for directional bit HIGH PWM is 0 to 10V
for directional biit LOW PWM is -10V to 0?

this seems a bit odd.
Any chance of a more descriptive overview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back