Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse Width Demodulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moisff

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, i'm having trouble trying to design a pulse width demodulator. I've done the modulation part with little to no problems but i'm finding it really difficult to get this one. Does anybody have any ideas on how to do this?

Cheers

Stuart

Sorry, i'm using an AM signal as an input (roughyl mimicking an audio source). This is then fed into a 555 timer which produces varying pulse widths depending on the amplitude of the signal. Only problem is a low pass filter doesn't seem to work. Any idea's of other configurations to use? I used a tank circuit briefly, but it doesn't look anything like it should've. As i would've expected to see the AM signal after demodulation

AM is a form of modulation - what are you actually inputting to the 555 (which isn't a very good choice anyway), and what frequency are you running the 555 at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back