Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse relay help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgg

Hi,

I have a heating control box that also lets me manage other items. It has 6 outputs that can be individually turned on/off from the controllers web interface.

Each output when turned on provides 12V and up to 500mA.

I want to be able to turn a mains (230V) light on and off via the controllers web interface.

This is easy to do for a "normal" light using a relay. Unfortunately the main switch for this light is one of these GET dimmer switches:

**broken link removed**

In order to use it in a multiway setup GET say the other switch must be a retractive switch - i.e. you push it on and it springs back once you let go. So basically it provides a pulse that tells the dimmer to turn on/off.

I wish to simulate this retractive switch using a relay:
1) when I turn ON the 12V output, the relay closes for a set period of time and opens again to produce the pulse to activate the dimmer switch.
2) when I turn OFF the 12V output, the relay closes for a set period of time and opens again to produce the pulse to activate the dimmer switch.

Perhaps such a relay with pulse circuitry exists already, if not I'd appreciate some help with designing it!

Hi,

I have a heating control box that also lets me manage other items. It has 6 outputs that can be individually turned on/off from the controllers web interface.

Each output when turned on provides 12V and up to 500mA.

I want to be able to turn a mains (230V) light on and off via the controllers web interface.

This is easy to do for a "normal" light using a relay. Unfortunately the main switch for this light is one of these GET dimmer switches:

**broken link removed**

In order to use it in a multiway setup GET say the other switch must be a retractive switch - i.e. you push it on and it springs back once you let go. So basically it provides a pulse that tells the dimmer to turn on/off.

I wish to simulate this retractive switch using a relay:
1) when I turn ON the 12V output, the relay closes for a set period of time and opens again to produce the pulse to activate the dimmer switch.
2) when I turn OFF the 12V output, the relay closes for a set period of time and opens again to produce the pulse to activate the dimmer switch.

Perhaps such a relay with pulse circuitry exists already, if not I'd appreciate some help with designing it!

Just use a timer IC (NE555) wired as monostable. It will put out a pulse each time it is triggered.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back