Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse relay driven by MCU needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

r-evil-s

I have the following project:

I have a zigbee node with an MCU and I must make it control an AC (240V - 50Hz) light. I was thinking of implementing a dimming function as well. I found out about triacs on the net but it seems a bit hard to me since I am a total n00b in this area. Therefore, I decided to have only an ON/OFF function. My plan is to simply drive a pulse relay with the MCU, but I am lost concerning the choice of the appropriate relay... I am looking for a pulse relay which is instantly triggered by the MCU and remains ON until it is triggered again to go off in order to achieve the minimum energy consumption. I think it must be called "pulse latching relay".

I found **broken link removed** but it is not the one I need since it is non latching.

Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance for any answers.

P.S. If you have any ideas of also including the dimming function, please let me know.

I think your are correct in that you need a latching type relay but i dont think many relays can be controlled directly using a digital pulse output. In order to do that you will need to have the pulse output drive a transistor and have that drive the relay.

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back