pulse into block with Relays only

Status
Not open for further replies.

cirux

hi all,

i do have a pulse which comes every 30 seconds, and now i want to change this into block:
start until 30seconds later: 'on'.
30 seconds until 1minute after start: off.
1 minute until 90 seconds: on
...off
...on
...off

is this possible with relays only? (brake and make)

i hope someone can help me with this problem.

thanks,
to end this forum item, I want to share my schematic with you

Last edited:
That looks like a telegraph type circuit, it probably would work with the right relays, however the right relays may not be what you have.

Mikes 2 relay verion looks more reliable, esp if the i/p is a pulse.

can you explain why this might not work?
the length of the pulse would be critical to energize relay 1?
or are there more difficulties?

I dont know what kind of relays i have, they fit onto a din-rail, and are quite heavy.
they where used to connect motors, and other 220V stuff.

thanks allready
cirux

Last edited:
i've found mikes two relay flipflop

i think you are right with the danger of the energizing of relay 1, but i cant find a way how i can implement the two relay flipflop in my case
I have a pulse which comes comes every 30 seconds, and i don't want to push a button.

does anyone have an idea

Last edited:
Why cant you find a way with the relays (or are they contactors) you have, do they not have enough contacts?
Not an argument I dont quite understand your situation.

..., but i cant find a way how i can implement the two relay flipflop in my case
I have a pulse which comes comes every 30 seconds, and i don't want to push a button....

Add a third relay whose contacts do what the pushbutton does in the two-relay circuit. That is what I suggested to the OP of the previous thread.

hi MikeMI, drPepper and others,

I've tested my first configuration. I'm not 100% sure I didn't made mistakes connecting the relays, but it result in very fast switching relays.The control voltage of the relays might not be 22V AC.
At this point a friend gave me a timing relay, which solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…