Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pulse into block with Relays only

Status
Not open for further replies.

cirux

hi all,

i do have a pulse which comes every 30 seconds, and now i want to change this into block:
start until 30seconds later: 'on'.
30 seconds until 1minute after start: off.
1 minute until 90 seconds: on
...off
...on
...off

is this possible with relays only? (brake and make)

i hope someone can help me with this problem.

thanks,
to end this forum item, I want to share my schematic with you

schemeit-project-2.png

Last edited:
That looks like a telegraph type circuit, it probably would work with the right relays, however the right relays may not be what you have.

Mikes 2 relay verion looks more reliable, esp if the i/p is a pulse.

can you explain why this might not work?
the length of the pulse would be critical to energize relay 1?
or are there more difficulties?

I dont know what kind of relays i have, they fit onto a din-rail, and are quite heavy.
they where used to connect motors, and other 220V stuff.

thanks allready
cirux

Last edited:
i've found mikes two relay flipflop

i think you are right with the danger of the energizing of relay 1, but i cant find a way how i can implement the two relay flipflop in my case
I have a pulse which comes comes every 30 seconds, and i don't want to push a button.

does anyone have an idea

Last edited:
Why cant you find a way with the relays (or are they contactors) you have, do they not have enough contacts?
Not an argument I dont quite understand your situation.

..., but i cant find a way how i can implement the two relay flipflop in my case
I have a pulse which comes comes every 30 seconds, and i don't want to push a button....

Add a third relay whose contacts do what the pushbutton does in the two-relay circuit. That is what I suggested to the OP of the previous thread.

hi MikeMI, drPepper and others,

I've tested my first configuration. I'm not 100% sure I didn't made mistakes connecting the relays, but it result in very fast switching relays.The control voltage of the relays might not be 22V AC.
At this point a friend gave me a timing relay, which solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back