Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pulse generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

nafri

hi ,
since i don't know correct place of the topic that i have opened, i m sorry if i did it wrong.

where can i get pulse generator between 50.000 and 60.000 volt and what would be price ?

i m from Turkey

Last edited:
nafri, Welcome.

Seems like a good place, to me, to ask the question.

It would help us if you could explain further about the pulse you wish to generate and how the pulse is to be used.

For instance, is it a simple square wave pulse? Will you need to vary the pulse width? How about its frequency and amplitude?

Is this something you wish to purchase or build yourself?

Racing ignitions can get into the 50,000 to 80,000 (claimed) voltage range.

John

pulse width: 1us-10us and square wave pulse and i want to build myself to my school project. but i can change the values anytime. for instance volt can change any values from 30kv to 50kv at anytime

Original post:
pulse width: 1us-10us and square wave pulse and i want to build myself to my school project. but i can change the values anytime. for instance volt can change any values from 30kv to 50kv at anytime

Sorry, I read 50.000 to 60.000 as 50 to 60 (didn't know why you had added zeros after the decimal...:rolleyes:).

In this case, for 50kv to 60kv output, it does sound like your best bet is to get an automotive ignition (HEI - High Energy Ignition) coil (spark) assembly (used, of course - new ones are pricey) and trigger it with a simple bistable 555 squarewave timer (configured to be frequency, pulse width and amplitude adjustable) feeding a transistor (or other device) to control and modulate the HEI output.

Is this what you mean?

Last edited:
Thanks for your help, i need advise like this. I want to use this generator for PEF( pasteureziton by pulsed electricfild) for my project

I thought 60kV is too high for pasteureziton by pulsed electricfild.

Look at a TV horizontal section. It produces a 500 to 1000 volt half sign wave pulse that is multiplied up by a transformer to 25KV to 40kv. In a TV fly-back transformer there are diodes that you do not want. You will not be able to easy change the on-time. It is set by LC resonant frequency. 1uS is too short. 2uS maybe. 3uS to 10uS is easy. I can make a 100 to 800 volt half sign wave pulse pulse for 4uS. When that works, then we can work on the transformer. You are in Turkey so finding the parts to make the transformer may be hard.

Do you have a CRT monitor that we can takes parts from? (VGA or faster)

Thanks, I don't have a CRT monitor but I can find it. Can I change the sign wave to square wave by comparator? And I don't know how to use TV horizontal section. i can find fly-back transformer in CRT monitor but you said that you do not use this part so, where can i find this transformer or can i design it by creating square wave at simulation.

Using a CRT monitor to generate 50kv pulse will make a half sign wave no choice.
A comparator will only work at low voltage. 10 volts not 50000 volts.

What current do you need? very important question what power?

30A 8000V
This is not a 'do it at home' project. I only have 110 and 220 power. I think this will need 440 three phase power.

I get that approx 50kw, thats not a school project, something around 75amps at 440 3ph.

Looking at the link however that machine processes up to 2000litres an hour, I thnik the op probably wants to zap something the size of a can of pop.

Maybe soemthing like a zvs flyback driver circuit would work, powered from a largeish electrolytic and a thryristor, or a circuit that generates constant dc hv and on time varied by smoothing capacitance values in conjunction with a spark gap.

Be carefull rectifying and smoothing a flyback output, the fairly dangerous output becomes very dangerous when its used to charge up a capacitor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back