Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pulse generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

meysaminter

hi
i want to build a pulse generator circuit with these SPECIFICATIONs:
1- pw = 20ns
2- f=5Mhz
3-( rt & ft )< 1ns
4- 10W
plz help me

If you put a rising edge into a bit of coax via a 50 Ohm resistor, you will get a reflected edge coming back whose delay is proportional to the length of coax. If the coax has an open circuit at the end, it will be a positive edge, if the coax has a short circuit it will be a falling edge. I suggest you put a risiing edge into a 0 Ohm terminated length of coax and square up the returing negative edge. You can then very accurately control the width of the pulse by trimming the length of the coax. Square up the edges with a high speed comparator. This is transmission line theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back