Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pulse generator(like help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesseyma07

I am a recent tech school grad and am trying to build a pulse generator for final testing of my company`s product. The pulse generator would simulate a flywheel which is supplied by the customer at their site so you see my need for this project. I have been thinking about a simple 555 timer circuit connected to a transistor(if necessary) switching a relay, passing 24v to the input of a plc. the 24v is already supplied by a power supply. Any ideas? Has anyone worked with this circuit? It does`nt have to be the said circuit, just an on, off, on, off.

I would assume the "flywheel" sensor outputs a square wave that swings from 0V to 24V? At what frequency or interval does it do this?

Here is a simple timer circuit. Its frequency is ~1Hz. You can change according to the data sheet formulas.

You can't switch 24V using an NE555 timer IC. Its maximum supply voltage is 16V. However if you want to activate a 24V-relay connect an NPN-transistor with a 10K base resistor to the IC output. Connect 24V to the relay and the other side to the collector. The emitter connects directly to ground. Don't forget to use a free wheeling diode in parallel with the relay coil (cathode connected to 24V). Depending on the relay the transistor would live long or may be fried right away.

Boncuk

Attachments

• 1Hz.gif
    1Hz.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 617
  • 1Hz.jpg
    1Hz.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Thank you.

Been very helpful. I remember this circuit from one my first labs in school. May go with a relay that has pulse circuitry combied in one package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back