Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pulse for step drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

saeedali

hello dear friends.

i have bought a 3 phase step drive with motor and maximum input frequency
of the drive is 200khz with rise and fall time less than .1us.

could you please recommend me a circuit to generate square wave signal
200khz and less than .1us rise and fall times?

(In my openion operational amp with part number "ad844" is fine for this purpose
but i want to know your recommendaions).

best regards.

The rise and fall time does not have to be <0.1uS, that would be incredibly unusual.

Any decent drive will have schmidt trigger type logic inputs which will tolerate imperfect drive signals. All you need is something that makes a square wave pulse signal capable of up to 200kHz, you could do it with a 555 timer.

thank you for the reply.

but in most or maybe all ac servo drives manual this has been told that the rise and fall time should be
less than .1 us and most of them have only high speed optocoupler ic in their inputs.(for example teco step drives)
please have a look at datasheet of "ad844" which has slew rate 2000v/us and tell me your openion.

best regards.

thank you for the reply.

but in most or maybe all ac servo drives manual this has been told that the rise and fall time should be
less than .1 us and most of them have only high speed optocoupler ic in their inputs.(for example teco step drives)
please have a look at datasheet of "ad844" which has slew rate 2000v/us and tell me your openion.

best regards.

As Mr RB noted a 555 should work fine for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back