Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse controlled power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripper

Hi, I am new to this forum so I hope you guys can help. I need a circuit that will detect a signal pulse from another circuit with a max voltage of 9V that will trigger a power supply to supply power to output as long as pulse is on and stop the power output when pulse stops, also the output power needs to be adjustable from 1 watt to 100 watts. an example would be pulses are at 50Hz and the power supply pulses to power output at exactly 50Hz but power is on to output during the trigger pulse and off when there is no pulse detected. output will be use to power antenna or coil, the input pulse is not important to the design of this circuit as long as the circuit will switch power on and off with the input pulses, thanks.

Last edited:
hi,

A variation of this CC source will give the result you require.

The voltage of the +Vrail must be higher than the voltage required across the load,, compliance.

Do you follow.?

Attachments

• esp01 Jul. 20.gif
    esp01 Jul. 20.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 149
How does this work?

No I don't follow, I can read and follow circuit diagrams as long as all components are clearly labeled and the operation of the circuit is explained, I am familiar with electronics but only in the basics mostly, I'll need a more detailed diagram plus a parts list and a better explanation of how circuit works, thanks.

Hi, I am new to this forum so I hope you guys can help. I need a circuit that will detect a signal pulse from another circuit with a max voltage of 9V that will trigger a power supply to supply power to output as long as pulse is on and stop the power output when pulse stops, also the output power needs to be adjustable from 1 watt to 100 watts. an example would be pulses are at 50Hz and the power supply pulses to power output at exactly 50Hz but power is on to output during the trigger pulse and off when there is no pulse detected. output will be use to power antenna or coil, the input pulse is not important to the design of this circuit as long as the circuit will switch power on and off with the input pulses, thanks.
It is difficult to design a circuit that delivers a specified amount of power to a load. It is much easier to specify either voltage or current. You said you want to deliver power to an antenna or coil. Do you want the instantaneous power to be adjustable, or do you want to vary the power by varying the duty cycle of your pulse? Is there an oscillator involved?
I have a feeling this is another of those questions where a noob has a preconceived notion of how to solve his problem, when that method may not even work. Why don't you tell us in detail what the big picture is. What are you really trying to accomplish?

No I don't follow, I can read and follow circuit diagrams as long as all components are clearly labeled and the operation of the circuit is explained, I am familiar with electronics but only in the basics mostly, I'll need a more detailed diagram plus a parts list and a better explanation of how circuit works, thanks.

hi,
As Roff says, we need more input, tell us what you are trying to do.:)

The dwg I posted is a simple adjustable current source, the current flowing in the load is set by the variable resistor
and the Rsense resistor.

The npn transistor, when +9V is applied to the base, via the base resistor switches ON the CC source.
When the base input is zero volts the CC is OFF.
The CC flows thru the load resistor.

The parts used/values will depend upon your application.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back