Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSU Load switch. What happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

king.oslo

Hello there,

I watched Dave on EEV Blog saying that no power supply is perfect without a load switch. He said this is so that one doesn't have to disconnect the circuit all the time.

However, he did not say how it works.

So how does it work?
And what happens when the load switch is toggled?

Thank you for your time :)

M

Without seeing the circuit or blog my best guess would be that the "load switch" is simply a switch for switching a load in and out of the circuit while the PSU is active. The mains supply to my home is always active, I can use a switch to turn lights on and off in various rooms, that switch would be a load switch.

Ron

Here is the blog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-04CQ0Mug1o

He is talking about the load switch at 6 minutes 40 sec into the video, so that those who want to help doesn't have to watch the whole thing.

hi,
As Ron says, a load off switch is simply a DC output On/Off switch, which disconnects the PSU output from the load its powering.

Watched that section of the vid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back