Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSU battery backup (mini UPS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NadJ

**broken link removed**

In conjunction with the above PSU, is there a board I can purchase that will allow me to use a battery backup (Lead Acid, 12v 7Ah) so that in event of PSU failure the battery can take over the load (as well as be charged during normal operation)?

Thanks

There are a number of commercially made back up supplies out there atht will do what you are looking for. Names like Alarm Safe come to mind with the LPS3/LPS3R - Linear Power Supply/Charger or the POWER SUPPLY/BATTERY CHARGER (PS1,3,5). These boards maintain a charge on a SLA battery like a 12 volt 7 AH battery and in event of power mains failure transfer automatically to battery power. Altronix Corp is another popular brand name. While overpriced as new they can be had on the surplus market reasonably priced. The Altronix LPS3 is another variation of the same thing. The load requirments dictate the board needed. That or roll your own.

Ron

I don't know what your definition of failure is (besides my daughter) but maybe this will help. It could save you lots of $$ (ignore the spelling):

https://www.mpja.com/Dual-250Watt-Reundant-Computer-Power-Supply/productinfo/17094+PS/

Marlin P. Jones & Assoc. (MPJA) is noted for their diverse range of power supplies and sometimes low prices.

Note that most AT/ATX supplies must have a small load to guarantee start up. A resistor from +5v to gnd works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back