PSPICE Simulation question

Status
Not open for further replies.

phalanx

Here is what I'm trying to do. I am trying to simulate a parallel LC circuit with an AC sweep as its input so I can actually see the phase differences in the inductor and capacitor. I built the circuit and used an AC voltage source, setup an AC analysis, and then simulated the circuit. I was able to see the resonance point of the circuit but here is the problem that I haven't been able to figure out.

The plots that it gave me were for the AC voltage and current values. What I want to do is see the actual waveform for the input, capactor, and inductor. I was unable to produce the actual waveform.

I tried using a custom stimulus and that provides me with the waveform I'm looking for, but I do not know how to make a frequency sweep in the stimulus editor.

Does anyone know how to view the waveform in an AC analysis or create a frequency sweep as a custom stimulus? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Bill

Quick summary:

If I perform an AC analysis, the output I get has frequency as the independent variable. I want time.

If I perform a transient analysis with a custom waveform, the output has Time as the independent variable but I need to know how to feed the system an AC frequency sweep.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

-Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…