Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSPICE - is there a switch for DC/DC converters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebevti

take a buck converter for example, which would require a MOSFET or IGBT to switch the DC input on and off at high frequencies.

How would you model this in PSPICE? Is there a component that does this? Although there are MOSFET components, yes, how would I implement a driver that turns that transistor on and off?

Same for an SCR...is there a thyristor component built-in? and if so, how would you implement a gate driver for that? (Without having to do some complicated control circuit)

please dont suggest using a different software, I'm trying to do this in PSPICE.

please dont suggest using a different software
I won't, but in LTSpice you would do this with a voltage source with its parameters set to give pulses of chosen width and rate. Doesn't Pspice have something similar?

PSPICE has many models for MOSFETs, which is the preferred device to switch high frequency currents in a switching regulator. Just select one that meets your voltage and current requirements.

Don't know if there are any MOSFET driver models built-in. You can search for ones or built a driver using discrete devices.

SCR spice models are also available for download into PSpice, if they aren't already built-in.

i found some useful info on how to do it in my power electronics textbook
I suggest you also have a good read of any Help files that come with PSPICE or are at the PSPICE website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back