Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSPICE Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edigate

Hello,
I have a Pspice program installed in my PC. I wanted to simulate a circuit I designed on paper. Launching the program leads to a displayed message "Libraries not found, error locating libraries". I can't get any component part since the part library is inaccessible.
What should I do :?:

Edigate said:
Hello,
I have a Pspice program installed in my PC. I wanted to simulate a circuit I designed on paper. Launching the program leads to a displayed message "Libraries not found, error locating libraries". I can't get any component part since the part library is inaccessible.
What should I do :?:

The switch to orcad suggestion is meaningless. For all he knows, you are using ORCAD already since you didn't specify. Anyways, libraries are a very common pain with most simulators. Some deal with them better than others. Since you say the library is inaccessible (is it on a network or something that you cant get at?)

1) Make a custom library with your parts and point the simulator to that one.
2) Whoever is in charge of the libraries or getting to them, make them fix the problem. :)

3) IF your circuit is simple enough, you could try SWCAD from linear tech. In 10 minutes you could have the thing d/l, installed and simulating. It is the easiest simulator I've ever used to add new parts to the libraries.

If you're getting that when the program starts (not when loading a schematic), the program probably isn't installed right. If you can get it running at all, it might be possible to locate the libraries yourself and tell it where to look for them...

Hello,
The message appears when Schematics is launched. A not too different message also appears when trying to view one of the sample circuits
[/quote]

Hello,
The Libraries folder can actually be located manually (Using MS Explorer). The error message appears when I try to view any circuit in the examples folder and as soon as Schematics is Launched. The Library is meant to initialize when the program is launched. Since it has refused to do so, is there any simple way I can create my own library?

Hello All,
Is there anyone that uses PSPICE in this forum.
I need real help, as my project is currently stalled.

What PSpice program you use? There are different PSpice programs. Have you tried to reinstall program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back