Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PS Filter Caps / re-cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEEDA

Came across a board today which has two 4700uF / 50V Lytics and I noticed that I had to desolder THREE leads (per cap) instead of two! My best guess is that one of the lugs serves as a "support" so the Caps cannot bend on the board.

Any "other" ideas? I don't remember seeing a 3 lead cap before this BUT then again, this IS an old board, so that could be why!

Thanks

S-

It's common, as are four tags - the others are quite rightly mechanical supports, sometimes they are isolated, but often connect to one of the other terminals (usually negative).

Metal can electrolytics commonly had two different caps in one package. They shared a common negative terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back