Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ps/2 mouse movement bytes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemE

Folks,

As some of you may know I have been working on a PS/2 mouse --INPUT--> 16F877A --OUTPUT--> MCP4922 (DAC). Right now I just learned what the heck is going on in EPE's PIC TO MOUSE DEMO code... with help from Adam Chapweske's PS/2 mouse article.

I feel pretty confident that I know what is going on in the program and I am ready to start writing the code that will translate the X and Y movement Bytes into an output signal to the DAC (MCP4922). The only problem is I do NOT know how the X and Y movement bytes of the mouse are translated into binary movement bytes. I have searched the internet for as much information as I can about this subject and haven't been able to find anything. So I am hoping someone who reads this will know.

• Could someone point me to an article OR explain to me how the X and Y mouse movement bytes work?

• Maybe someone knows of a program that will show the communications between the host and the mouse like in Adam Chapweske's article (I would need a program that shows the movement bytes in binary form).

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back