Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Prototype board help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARINE1142

I have been using breadboards for my prototype boards. What is that board called that is a kind of orange colored and has a bunch of holes and you solder the componets on the back side. And were can I get some and are they expensive?

What does that look like?

I was talking about the one if you look on electronics projects propeller clock page 3 the kind of board.

they are called veroboards. the ones in which copper strips run through the whole length are called stripboards. and the ones with small pads of copper are called experimenter's board (or something like that)

the color is orange because it is made from backelite plastic. so it is quite cheap than fiber glass PCBs

Is there an advantage in using one or the other? Are they readly available? And are they expensive?

Thanks again for the help.

yes, i like the ones with the strips. in a stripboard strips of copper run through the length of the board. wherever you need to cut the strip you just use a drill bit to cut the copper track. but the ones with small copper pads are a bit difficult to use.

and as i have said that they are made from backelite plastic, so they are not much expensive. buy a couple of stipboards and do some experimentation with them till you feel comfortable with them

I use a copy of Veroboard like this:

Attachments

• 3v_led_chaser_pic3-2_800.jpg
    3v_led_chaser_pic3-2_800.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 807
audioguru thats exactly what im talking about.

usually i go to an electronics store and tell them i want a veroboard and then they ask me which one? so i tell them that the one with the strips. but its also called a stripboard.

and MARINE1142 you should look at audioguru's projects at https://www.electronics-lab.com it will give you an idea about how to make the layout. actually he uses graph paper and i really like that method

Hi Sam,

I didn’t know you could see me! :lol:
All the best to you my friend!

Ante :roll:

We use a board which is full of holes and has a square copper padding around the holes. none of the holes are connected. So you have to solder all the wires yourself.

In traders here in India call it a general purpose PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back