Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmc1

I am a retired hobbyist that likes to dabble in electronics. I can build them okay but struggle with designing, therefore search the web for circuits to suit my needs or that can be modified.
I have an old version of Proteus [7.2] and as such I rely heavily on the simulation.

I wanted to use a ZN1034 but it does not exist in the library and do not have the knowhow to create a device with simulation function.

A search found a suitable circuit that uses a 4060 & a 4040, and these exist in the standard library.

The problem is the simulation will not run and something strange is happening!
The devices will not run in simulation without the 'Attach hierarchy module' checked in Edit Component.
But it will not simulate with both of the IC's boxes checked! If I tick the 4060 the 4040 does not run, if I tick the 4040, the 4060 does not run.

Can anyone help please?

Hi, Many thanks for the very prompt reply.
The circuit https://www.edutek.ltd.uk/Circuit_Pages/BatteryConditioner.html
As you will see I have connected to U1 pin 7 just to get short timing, to see things working.
Think that I am loosing my last little grey cell, as today it is working in reverse! Ticked 4060, 4040 works, ticked 4040, 4060 works!

Attachments

• CCT.jpg
    CCT.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 371
Right. I have a motorcaravan that has an onboard Sargent Charger [3 stage intelligent unit].
Tha van is on my drive on mains hookup.
This charger charges both the vehicle & leisure batteries as it is intelligent [won't go into detail as it's not necessary.
Although this charger can be left on 24/7, it is recommended that you turn it off every two weeks, add a bit of drain [only required for the leisure battery because the standard vehicle electronics will put a bit of drain on the vehicle battery] and then put back on charge again.
So that is why I thought that the circuit I found would do the job. Set for charger relay ON for two weeks and then OFF say for three days.
So the circuit that I found when one relay is ON the other should be OFF.
Not certain what you mean 'to a digital clockinput' but thanks anyway for spending the time and having a look.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back