Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

proteus pcb issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

blowouter

i make a component in isis seven segment and attach it with corresponding footprint and all done ok, then i create a circuit that include 4 7segment display (what i create) and unselect exclude from footprint option and then when i transfer to ares it don't exist there.
any one know what possibly this why
thanks

All schematic entities must have a component reference to exist in the netlist and hence the PCB.

An easy way to do this is to type "LED?" into every component reference (double clicking on each part) then go to tools -> global annotator and do an incremental annotation. That should leave your other stuff as is, but rename the new parts appropiately.

If you have no PCB design, maybe worth doing an total annotation.

Hope that helps!

All schematic entities must have a component reference to exist in the netlist and hence the PCB.

An easy way to do this is to type "LED?" into every component reference (double clicking on each part) then go to tools -> global annotator and do an incremental annotation. That should leave your other stuff as is, but rename the new parts appropiately.

If you have no PCB design, maybe worth doing an total annotation.

Hope that helps!

Hello
"the word on tip of my tongue" this is an Arabic saying famous in egypt
i have done that before i read your post :D, thanks for help
i have many unwired tracks in my pcb in proteus is any solution for that
thanks

There is no easy fix for that I am afraid...

My PCB design generally goes like this:

1) Place all the components by hand. Follow the schematic and place the parts for each subsystem in clusters off the PCB board. When placing parts try to minimise the distance on the rats nest (green lines).
2) Start bringing those clusters onto the PCB in order of PSU, digital then analogue. Decouple input power as close to the connector as possible and put the regulator(s) as close to the connector as possible. Rotate and try different positions to minimise wasted board space.
3) a) Route everything manually (this is the option I always take now), in order of power, high speed signals, everything else.
b) If you are pushed for time route power and high speed manually, then let the autorouter do everything else.

I have yet to use a software package that can do auto place and route well. Unfortunately its typically a manual process (to get good results anyway!) of which you only get better at with experience. It certainly was for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back