Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

proteus isis question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AweLucid

how do i change (and view) an atribute of a component if it isnt listed in the component properties. for example how would i adjust (or even view) the forward voltage or maximum forward current of an LED in a schematic?

also how do i change the name of a component that i am using in my project to something more memorable than its part number?

many thanks for your help

Editing components with ISIS

Hi,

click the object to edit with the right mouse button. You'll get a popdown window with its properties. An IC's name stands on top of the window, normally named U:and the part of it (U1:A). Erase the name and key in any desired name using the same syntax, e.g. IC1:A

To change the supply voltage of an IC you must display the hidden pins (supply pins) which are normally labelled VDD and VSS. VDD is in any case +5V and will cause erroneous behavior of the circuit if you want it to run at +12V. In that case erase "VDD" and type in +12V.

The same applies to LEDs. The forward voltage default setting is 2.2V which you also can change by editing the device. You cannot edit the maximum forward current for a simple reason: Nothing can go up in flames using ISIS. :D

This is the pop down window to edit components (attachment).

Boncuk

P.S. A right click followed by a left click won't change anything, just waste time.

Last edited:
It brings up the edit component menu. In ISIS 7. maybe you're using an older version.

That's not the point! Clicking right and then left won't EDIT. There are a few more steps to really edit a part, such as using the keyboard as well!

That's not the point! Clicking right and then left won't EDIT. There are a few more steps to really edit a part, such as using the keyboard as well!
Don't you think people are generally clever enough to cop on what to do, when faced with a window with textboxes, each one labeled. If you don't use your keyboard, what do you use? What do you take people for? complete idiots?

Don't you think people are generally clever enough to cop on what to do, when faced with a window with textboxes, each one labeled. If you don't use your keyboard, what do you use? What do you take people for? complete idiots?

I do not take people for idiots, but I try to answer questions with the necessary precision, so everbody - even complete idiots - will understand.

You could have saved your post just telling to click the mouse buttons. That didn't explain anything! :mad:

Besides that not everybody's native language is English. Did you know that?

BTW, in Thailand we don't use keyboards. We use WOKs.

Last edited:
You never explained how to put Proteus in selection mode. No right click menu appears if it's in component mode.

You never explained how to put Proteus in selection mode. No right click menu appears if it's in component mode.

That's better. :) Getting back to the thread.

Please forgive me the little omission. On the other hand why bother about component mode? There is also the possibility to edit parts.

May be your version is a bit outdated.

And now, please let's quit this useless debate.

Boncuk

thank to you both for your answers.
Regarding the name changing of a component, i meant to ask how to change the name of a component as it appears in the devices list not just the instance of the component on the schematic. So that when i am looking at the device list to select a component to bring into the shematic, i am not faced with a list of part numbers but instead I can see what type of device it is for example. Is their a way to rename the parts in this list? and how do i remove the components from this list that i no longer need in my circuit?
thanks a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back