Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus is running excessive CPU load

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjoy

my RTC project using 16f876A (8MHz)& ds3231. During the simulation into proteus, i think my RTC program does not get value from I2C device ds3231 . could you pls review my programs as attached to look at the errors associated with it.
thanks for ur time.

Attachments

• Program_rev.rar
    5.5 KB · Views: 283
  • Schemetic_proteus8P.rar
    32.8 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
10, 9 ,8, 7........ I2C in Protues will not work with analogue resistor primitives... You MUST use the pullup resistor... It is for digital simulation..

Most of my simulations go above 100% CPU... To drop the simulation load remove ALL analogue resistor models..

All the ones on your LEDs as well...

pullup resistor should be used only in digital simulation and for PCB version the analogue resistors will be added again?

pullup resistor should be used only in digital simulation and for PCB version the analogue resistors will be added again?
Yep! It takes too much processing to simulate analogue stuff... If you leave out the resistors or make them digital, it simulates faster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back