Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Can anyone using Proteus ISIS verify whether the 16f882 RA6 digital output works in the simulator? All the other PORTS/pins seem fine.

I can't get it to respond to bsf PORTA,6 or bcf PORTA,6. It's holding at an indeterminate gray color state. Not red (hi) or Blue (lo).

If I place a 10K pulldown resistor on it , it will pulldown. But no response to coded outputs at all.

I did the TRISA settings and the ANSEL settings and disabled the clockout etc.
Here's the fuses & port setup code I used

__CONFIG _CONFIG1, _PWRTE_ON & _WDT_OFF & _INTOSCIO & _BOR_OFF & _LVP_OFF & _CP_OFF &_CPD_OFF & _MCLRE_OFF &_INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT

__CONFIG _CONFIG2, _IESO_OFF & _FCMEN_OFF

;Setup Ports & ADC

Code:
banksel	ANSEL
	movlw b'00000011'; prepare to set bits A0,A1 to analog.
	movwf ANSEL; apply a/d input settings - PORTA
	clrf ANSELH; PORTB all digital
	Banksel TRISA
	movlw b'10000011' ; set bits ,0,1,7 as inputs, rest as outs. 7 is Sw1 digital
	movwf TRISA
	bsf TRISE,3; make E3 (IC pin1) an input- sw0 digital
	clrf TRISB ; Portb all outs.
	CLRF TRISC ; make portC outputs
	movlw b'01111100'	
	movwf OSCCON ; set 8Mhz, Osc setup based on config fuses .
	banksel ADCON1
	clrf ADCON1; left justify ADRESH, Vdd & Vss as Vrefs.
	banksel ADCON0
	clrf ADCON0
	bsf ADCON0,7 ; set sample period to 4 us (8 instruction cycles) @ 8Mhz, An0 is input.
	BankSel HoldL ; back to general variable bank

Lastly, the code I have runs the port fine with the Oshonsoft PIC Simulator.

Any advice on this?

I suspect your problem is that the pin is not defines as I/O but maybe as Oscillator out. This is because your config has two oscillator configuration values.

__CONFIG _CONFIG1, _PWRTE_ON & _WDT_OFF & _INTOSCIO & _BOR_OFF & _LVP_OFF & _CP_OFF &_CPD_OFF & _MCLRE_OFF &_INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT

Even though they are both the same value, this may be what is confusing the simulator.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back