Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

proportional dc motor control circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glueit

Hi Everybody,
My name is Manish Borikar From India, is an aeromodeller. I am making a radio controlled Blimp/Airship for which i required Proportional dc motor controller. I want to control motor throw four turns clock wise & anti clock wise. It must also stop at any desired position when required. We can take these movement on switch or any preset. This is much more suitable for me to connect servo to it. Servo reacts 270 degree clockwise & anticlockwise as desired & can stop to any desired position. I want proportional throws from servo to motor.
i.e. 270 degree of servo = 4 turns of motor.
I need help in this project. This is my first electronic project.
Please give me circuit with components required for this project.
Manish.

Your fractured English makes it difficult to understand the problem. If you want 4 turns of the motor to produce 270 degrees rotation, you need a gear. To stop at any position, you need a position sensor: either a linear pot or digital encoder. Please post a diagram/schematic of your approach so we can pick it apart!

Russlk said:
Your fractured English makes it difficult to understand the problem. If you want 4 turns of the motor to produce 270 degrees rotation, you need a gear. To stop at any position, you need a position sensor: either a linear pot or digital encoder. Please post a diagram/schematic of your approach so we can pick it apart!

I think he needs 4 turn at the output shaft... but all what he has in hands is a servo with 270 degrees (maximum rotation).. this is as far as i understood.

This threads a bit old now, but if Glueit is still around it sounds like he needs to interface to a stepper motor

Davegriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back