Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Projector/PC project

Status
Not open for further replies.

wooddog

Probably a simple one for all you geniuses out there, but I'll try and explain what I'm trying to achieve.

Currently I have a HTPC connected to a projector (pt-ax100). I currently have to turn the PC and projector on individually ( a massive inconvenience, I know:)).

The projector has a mini Din serial connector so I know I can power it on using a serial cable from the computer but that would mean that I need to turn on the PC first (can't see the screen without remote desktop).

Is there something out there that will allow me to turn on the computer and projector at the same time using one button? either using the power button on the PC or the projectors remote (preferably). my Dinovo mini keyboard doesn't allow power on "key press" as far as I know.

Not sure if the projector has a 12V trigger but it definately has the serial connector.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back