Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project w/PIC16F684: Stepper Motor speed controlled and sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacobenito

Project: Turn on/off a stepper motor with a light sensor and control the stepper motor speed with a potentiometer.
Work Done: I am using a PIC16F684, RC register is being used as outputs to control the stepper motor and RA register (RA4) is used as input for pot motor control. (RA4) is a analog input that is going to be used with the internal ADC to control the speed on the stepper motor.
Question: I want to add a sensor or switch that enable/disable(on/off) the stepper motor sppining.
I was thinking to use (RA3) to add the sensor/switch. Is this possible, since the RA is going to be used in the ADC process?
Please let me know how can I make this little project work.

Thanks

Francisco

I see no reason why you could not use any thing on port A for other purposes. Just add a switch with a pull-up to pull-down to the pin. Blueroom is right if you want to stop the motor then stop sending step commands..

It sounds like you are wanting something like a limit switch to prevent the stepper from going to far. In that case the above suggestion of using a switch and a resistor will work. You just have to be aware of weather or not you are using an ADC or a digital input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back