Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project: Vibration Measuring Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohea180

Hello everyone
Im doing a project on making a personnel vibration measuring device for people on RIBs at sea to ensure they dont exceed the limits set by an EU Directive. Ive found a suitable accelerometer ( https://octopart.com/lis3l02al-stmicroelectronics-800145 ) but unfortunately thats where my electronics knowledge ends. I need to know what devices (or programs) are needed to display the info provided by the accelerometer to get a g-force value.

Any help would be great as Im really out of my depth with this project.
Thanks in advance

Damien

you are better off using one with a digital outputs, the analog ones require a lot of accurate references and stuff to get usable data.

once you have the acceleration numbers from a digital sensor it is "simple" math to get the g-force numbers.

dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back