Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project using PC's USB nd Mobile's Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganeshkumar

Hi alll,

First want to congratz the owner and moderator of this forum....:)
I am doing B.e. E&I Final Year!
Coming to point....
I am planning for my final year project! I partially decided on mine...

The main application i haven't decide but field will be related to RTOS/Embedded/....
But i want to control my project through PC's USB and Mobile Phone's Bluetooth!

Any replies related to this r welcome! :)

if your mobile phone platform and carrier supports JAVA, you shouldn't have much trouble whipping up a simple app to make use of the bluetooth SPP profile, which essentially replaces an rs232 cable with bluetooth.

The hardware is expensive, I recently paid roughly $50 USD for a Sena bluetooth module. It is a nice module and is worth the price, the range is excellent.

USB slave functionality is easy to do with microcontrollers, either using an external USB <> rs232 converter chip, or using a uC with the usb hardware built in (PIC 18F4550 for example).

Hi Thanks.. for reply!

Wat is SENA Bluetooth Module... Is that the same bluetooth dongle v use with PC to transfer data to Mobiles?

And regarding USB interface... so v dont need any external usb controller ic? the PIC uC itself will have it?

If my project is simple Can i design my own USB Controller IC using FPGA Kit?? So that i can gain some know;edge in VLSI toooo!

Thanks again! :)

you'll have to give more details about what it is you're planning on doing. what is "the project"? fpga and vlsi is a whole nother ballpark from microcontrollers, usb and bluetooth

sena is just a brand name - they make OEM radios and various other gadgets, google has more answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back