Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

project thesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

fvm

hi
when writing the thesis, how to use details from datasheet
for example there are modules in the PIC microcontroller, like PWM modules,
configuration of registers, tables, figures, etc
different modes, etc,etc

i have to explain how to use the feature but than i need to use all the detalis from the datasheet, how to cite them properly??

regardz FVM

Based on my experience... You can include tables and images from the datasheet in your thesis; just add attribution and references. I wouldn't think that you'd normally need to copy text, but you can paraphrase the important parts and again, provide a reference. Where you wish to include a section of the datasheet, you can include it in an appendix, or if this is not allowed due to explicit copyright restrictions then at best you can refer to the document and section. There are some concessions for academic and research work in regarding copyright - meaning that in many cases you can reproduce excerpts of others' documents - which you should look into.

Assuming you are not selling your paper and you cite sources in the references list you should be okay.

A little trick for 'plucking' info, charts, and graphs from data sheets. Most data sheets published in PDF format do not employ protected mode. This allows you to open particular pages of the data sheet with Adobe Illustrator where you get original object oriented format which you then can select and edit just what you need in a reusable/resizeable object format and place it into your document. It will resize properly when displayed in your document.

Scanning a document ,cutting and pasting bit mapped picture is a crude way to do it.

hi
when writing the thesis, how to use details from datasheet
for example there are modules in the PIC microcontroller, like PWM modules,
configuration of registers, tables, figures, etc
different modes, etc,etc

i have to explain how to use the feature but than i need to use all the detalis from the datasheet, how to cite them properly??

regardz FVM

In answer to that question, refer to an appropriate "style" manual. Your thesis advisor should be able to tell you what your school requires. If not, the CSE Style Manual is as good as any: **broken link removed** (**broken link removed**)

(edit) I found this IEEE reference that is more specific to your needs:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2013/04/IEEE20Citation20Guidelines2-1.pdf

Data Sheet
Texas Instruments, “High speed CMOS logic analog multiplexers/demultiplexers,” 74HC4051 datasheet, Nov. 1997 [Revised Sept. 2002].

John

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back